• Personal Data Collected
• How We May Share Data
• Behavioral Advertising
• Cookies and Other Tech
• Data Retention
• Third Parties
• EEA Legal Basis
• EEA Rep Addresses
• The BARBEE INC. mobile applications (e.g., BARBEE INC. iOS LITE, BARBEE INC. Android LITE, BARBEE INC. IOS, ANDROID Unlimited) (“ BARBEE INC. App ”),
• The website https://barbeehive.com (“ BARBEE INC. Ads ”),
• The website www.barbeehive.com (“ BARBEE INC. Web Chat, ” part of the BARBEE INC. App)
BARBEE INC. LLC is a U.S.-based Company . By using the BARBEE INC. Services, you are transmitting information to the United States. If you are a resident of another country, note that the United States may not afford the same privacy protections as your country of residence. For BARBEE INC. Lite users or those communicating with BARBEE INC. Lite users: BARBEE INC. may utilize an INTERNATIONAL Web Services relay servers abroad. The relay server does not typically store user data but facilitates the transmission of user data to the United States.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT - WHERE, WHEN, AND HOW
When you use the BARBEE INC. Services, we collect Personal Data about you. At BARBEE INC., “Personal Data” means any information that allows someone to identify you directly. You choose to provide the majority of this data. We may collect data about your interactions, use, and experiences with our services and receive information from third parties.
• Personal Data You Are Required to Provide. When you set up an account, we require that you provide limited Personal Data such as email or phone number and date of birth.
• Personal Data You Have the Option to Provide. You have a choice when providing your community profile information. For example, you may share location (failing to provide location may impact the functionality available in BARBEE INC. Services), photos and videos.
• Personal Data We Automatically Receive From Your Device When You Use BARBEE INC. Services. To keep the services running and to improve services, we collect user activity, hardware and software information, sensor activity and cookies, and leverage other tracking technologies such as web beacons, SDKs, local storage, and log files.
• Personal Data We Automatically Receive From Third Parties. BARBEE INC. collects limited information from third parties. For example, we may collect Personal Data from payment processors, ad partners, app usage and website tracking information, authentication partners, etc.
• Permissible Age. The BARBEE INC. Services are intended only for users who are legal adults, generally eighteen (18) years of age and older. If you are aware that a child or minor has submitted Personal Data on the BARBEE INC. Services, please contact us using the information provided below, or using the in-app reporting tool, so that we can take appropriate action.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We generally use your Personal Data to enable the BARBEE INC. Services, such as the following purposes:
• Provide you with services and products associated with BARBEE INC. accounts to maintain, improve, and develop services.
• Provide safety and security features.
• Communicate with you to provide updates, service-related notifications, and promotions.
• Respond to user inquiries, complaints, and to provide customer service.
• Process your purchases and transactions.
• Conduct partner promotions.
• Comply with valid legal requests and address legal issues and disputes.
• Investigate and respond to suspected illegal activities or fraud.
• Access your camera, photo roll and microphone to allow you share with other users.
• Create and administer surveys and conduct research.
• For Automated Decision Making - for example, to detect and remove spammers, detect and remove non-compliant images, etc. through artificial intelligence.
For users subject to the data privacy laws of the EEA and the U.K. we created a table to provide an overview of the legal bases on which we rely to process your Personal Data.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
• Other Users. BARBEE INC. provides a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and interact with others in the BARBEE INC. Community. Your profile data and distance information is also shared with the BARBEE INC. Community.
• Third-Party Advertising Companies. In the past 12 months BARBEE INC. shared the following categories of Personal Data with our ad partners who provide payment for ad placement: cookie or device IDs (such as advertising ID), device location (general and precise), connection information (such as type, carrier, speed), gender, age, opt-out status, and techno graphics (such as device model, brand, OS version).
• Service Providers. Partners who assist BARBEE INC. with providing our services such as with crash reporting, payment and business transaction systems, website and app tracking and reporting tools, internal support tools (bug reporting, customer support systems, app ratings reporting, etc.).
• Your Consent. Where you’ve given your consent for other disclosures, features, or services provided by BARBEE INC.
• Partner Promotions. We may promote programs and events with partners to offer discounts, early access, or other information or incentives to our users.
• Legal Obligations . We may access, preserve and disclose information to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with: (i) legal process and legal requests; (ii) enforcement of the BARBEE INC Terms and Agreements. (iii) claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; (iv) requests for customer service; (v) technical issues; (vi) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of BARBEE INC., its users or the public; (vii) establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims; or (viii) as otherwise required by law.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We retain your Personal Data for no longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or pursuant to BARBEE INC. Terms of Service or BARBEE INC. Community Guidelines. Personal Data may be retained for longer periods of time if required for legal or security purposes. For example, BARBEE INC. may retain some account information, BARBEE INC.-generated device identifier, and limited log information for accounts that have been banned or that violate the BARBEE INC.'S
Terms of Service and/or Community Guidelines. In some circumstances, BARBEE INC. may also retain chat messages used for reporting violative behavior resulting in an account’s ban.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You can make the following choices and exercise your rights regarding your Personal Data held by BARBEE INC.:
• Correct Profile Information. By creating an account, you are providing us Personal Data about yourself in your public BARBEE INC. Community Profile. You can review and change your Community Profile Information at any time by accessing the “Edit Profile” section of the App.
• Delete Account and Related Information. You may delete your account and related information at any time. There are some scenarios where some or all of your information may be held after your request (such as for tax and accounting purposes, moderation review, dispute resolution, and other legal matters).
• Promotional Emails. You may choose during the registration process to allow us to use your email address to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to BARBEE INC. and/or the BARBEE INC. Services, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive. If you unsubscribe from receiving such promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications, and our applications will continue to deliver you in-app messages.
• Behavioral Advertising On Websites and the BARBEE INC. App. You can opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Data (“Sale”) with our Ad Partners. Please note that opting out of behavioral advertising does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using the free version of BARBEE INC. Services. It will, however, exclude you from interest based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by the applicable choice mechanisms.
• Third-Party Tracking. You may opt-out of Google Analytics' collection and use of your Personal Data by following the instructions to download an opt-out browser add-on.
• Access & Portability . You may request that we provide you with information about our processing of your Personal Data and provide you with a machine-readable copy. We may not be able to provide some elements of information if making the information available to you would also reveal Personal Data about another person or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information.
• Restrict Processing . Under certain circumstances, you may limit the way we process your Personal Data.
• Withdraw Consent . You may withdraw consent that you have previously given us at any time. Revocation of your consent will only apply to future processing activities and will not apply retroactively. BARBEE INC. relies on your consent for live location sharing; your use of the BARBEE INC. Web Chat services; to access your camera and photo roll; sharing your Personal Data with advertising partners; for surveys; sharing Personal Data with analytics partners; and to facilitate messages between users.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
At BARBEE INC., we take the privacy and security of your Personal Data seriously. We have a dedicated data security team that actively works to monitor the integrity and safety of the BARBEE INC. Services. We have policies and protocols in place to help protect Personal Data. We consistently strive to improve our defenses in the ongoing battle against bad actors. That said, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure, and BARBEE INC. cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your Personal Data, we may notify you electronically or in writing in accordance with applicable law.
HOW TO CONTACT US OR FILE COMPLAINTS
with the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner. For complaints from Individuals in the EEA or Switzerland that cannot be resolved with BARBEE INC. directly, BARBEE INC. will cooperate with EEA and Swiss authorities and will implement the advice they provide with respect to such unresolved complaints. If you are based in the EEA or have GDPR-related inquiries, you may contact our EEA Representative by submitting your request or inquiry to the email provided. You can also contact BARBEE INC.’s Data Protection Ofﬁcer (DPO) by submitting a request through our website here. Where necessary, we may request speciﬁc information from you to verify your identity before processing your request
ATTN: THE BEE KEEPER